1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN this Contest and receive one of two (2) free copies of Eric Jensen‘s new book, Engaging Students with Poverty in Mind: Practical Strategies for Raising Achievement. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. This Contest is sponsored by Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD) (“Sponsor”).
2.Eligibility. Open to all individuals who legally reside within the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada (except the Province of Quebec) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees, officers, directors, contractors and agents of ASCD, its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, and the advertising and promotion agencies of each (“Sponsor and its Administrators”) who are involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution and fulfillment of the Contest, and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling or spouse) and anyone living in the same household of any of the foregoing (whether related or not), are not eligible to win.
3.Entry. The Contest begins October 10, 2013 and ends October 16, 2013 at 5 p.m. eastern time (the “Contest Period”). To enter, you must visit ASCD’s website and leave a comment on Eric Jensen’s guest blog post answering the following questions from the author: “What would it mean to you to be able to engage every single student in your school or class?”. Each comment post should be between fifty (50) and one hundred (100) words. Jensen will evaluate each comment and judge the entries based on criteria which are designed to award those two (2) entrants he perceives demonstrate the best understanding of the model and its application. Entries that are incomplete or non-compliant with these Official Rules will be void. Responsibility for receipt of each entry rests solely with the entrant. ASCD is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information or for lost, delayed, misdirected or mutilated entries. Information contained in entrant’s entry form and Sponsor’s records is subject to verification by Sponsor, in such frequency and manner as Sponsor in its sole discretion deems appropriate. Entries that are incomplete, forged or otherwise defective or made outside authorized channels, including those that have failed due to human processing error or otherwise, shall be void. Participants who disregard these official rules or abuse, threaten or harass ASCD or any ASCD representative in connection with this Contest may be declared ineligible and have their access to this or other ASCD-sponsored promotions blocked. All entries become the property of ASCD and will be neither acknowledged nor returned. Neither ASCD nor its Administrators will accept correspondence or telephone inquiries regarding the status of entries or the administration of the Sweepstakes.
4. Prizes. There are two (2) Grand Prizes. The two (2) Contest winners will each win one paperback copy of Eric Jensen‘s new book: Engaging Students with Poverty in Mind: Practical Strategies for Raising Achievement mailed to an address provided by the winners. ASCD will cover the costs of shipping. Winner acknowledges that neither ASCD nor its Administrators has made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize described herein, including, but not limited to, its quality, merchantability, or fitness for use. All warranties are hereby disclaimed by ASCD, and the winner will accept the prize “as is.” No cash substitutions for prizes. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes (including, without limitation, any applicable income tax), and any other costs incurred in claiming, or using the prize. Prizes cannot be assigned or transferred to a third party, exchanged or redeemed for cash except as stated herein or as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. Winners. All Prize winners will be selected by the judge, Eric Jensen, on or about October 18, 2013 from among all entries received. The decisions of the judge and Sponsor in all matters related to this Contest shall be final and binding. All entrants must supply a valid email address and must respond to their email notice of winning within forty-eight (48) hours of receipt of said notice. The potential winner may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release that must be notarized and returned to ASCD within fourteen (14) days of receipt of notification or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. For purpose of these Official Rules, entrant will be deemed to be in receipt of any Sponsor request or notification on the day that the email was sent by Sponsor. By entering, each participant releases Sponsor and its Administrators from any and all liability, damages, claims or causes of actions of any kind whatsoever (however named or described) for injuries, damages, or losses to person or property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, enjoyment or use of a prize. Winners shall grant permission to ASCD and its Administrators to use his or her name, age, city and state of residence, voice, picture or other likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation (except where otherwise provided by law), and without prior notification or approval, in any medium, now or hereinafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. By entering this Contest each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of ASCD, its judge(s), and its Administrators, whose decisions regarding all aspects of the Contest shall be final. If the potential winner is 18 or older, but a minor in his or her state of residence, the prize may be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian, and if applicable, the potential winner’s parent or legal guardian must agree to these Official Rules, consent to the award of the prize and sign all required affidavits, consents and releases.
6. Odds of Winning. The number of entries received will determine odds of winning. To learn the winners’ identities (available after 11/01/2013), send a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope to: Winners’ List, ASCD Book Contest, 1703 N. Beauregard Street, Alexandria, VA 22311. All requests for the winners’ identity must be received by 09/31/13.
7. Limitation of Liability. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor and its Administrators for unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of a participant’s entries in the Contest. Winner bears all risk of loss or damage to prize after delivery/acceptance. All participants and / or winner, on behalf of themselves, their executors, heirs and assigns, by acceptance of any prize related to this Contest, agree to release Sponsor and its Administrators from any and all injury of any kind to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with the conduct, promotion or outcome of the Contest, receipt, ownership or use of any such prize or while preparing for, participating in or traveling to and / or from any prize-related activity in connection with the contest or otherwise. Under no circumstances will Sponsor and its Administrators be liable for punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages.
8. Contest Cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and / or terminate this Contest in whole or in part at any time during the Contest Period for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, in the event that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or as intended by these Official Rules due to causes beyond the Sponsor’s control which corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Contest. Notice of any such action shall be posted on ASCD’s website.
9. Data Privacy. Information participants provide to ASCD will be used to communicate with participants regarding this Contest and otherwise as set forth in ASCD’s privacy policies. The winner’s first name, city and state of residence may be posted on the ASCD web site and printed in ASCD’s newsletter, among others.
10. SPONSOR. This sweepstakes is sponsored by the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development 1703 N. Beauregard Street, Alexandria, VA 22311.You may request that your name be excluded from all lists of names and addresses used by ASCD for contests or promotions by submitting a written request to ASCD: Contests and Promotions,1703 N. Beauregard Street, Alexandria, VA 22311. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest at any time and substitute another Contest in its place.