In “Stretching Your Technology Dollar,” in the December issue of Education Leadership, district technology director (and former classroom teacher) Doug Johnson offers strategies for making the most of your technology dollar, including
- Effective budgeting techniques.
- Seeking group discounts and free software.
- Cloud computing.
- Single-point purchasing.
- Maximizing federal E-Rate funding.
- Achieving sustainability and phasing out obsolete technologies.
- Making new technology relevant to classroom use.
How do you get the most for your technology dollar? What technology purchases or practices aren’t worth the money?