ASCD is excited to celebrate our members in the month of May. We’ll be showcasing how members are active learners themselves and how they use ASCD’s resources in their districts, schools, and classrooms. Every Friday in the month of May we’ll be giving away the new ASCD book by Steve Gruenert and Todd Whitaker, “School Culture Recharged.” At the end of the month, we’ll give away a $100 voucher to use in the ASCD store. All individual members who renew in May will be eligible, including early renewals. Official details are available below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Entry into this Giveaway constitutes Entrant’s acceptance of these Official Rules.
- A winner is selected every Friday during the month of May during the Giveaway Period and will receive one copy of the ASCD published book titled “School Culture Rewired” by Steve Gruenert and Todd Whitaker (“Giveaway”) and one lucky winner will receive a $100 voucher to be used at the ASCD store.
- This Giveaway is sponsored by Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development d/b/a ASCD, 1703 N. Beauregard Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22311 (“Sponsor”). This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any third parties, including social media sites.
- Open to all individuals who are currently members of ASCD and who legally reside within the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada (except the Province of Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry (“Entrant”). Employees, officers, directors, contractors and agents of Sponsor, its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, and the advertising and promotion agencies of each (“Sponsor and its Administrators”) who are involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution and fulfillment of the Giveaway, and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling or spouse) and anyone living in the same household of any of the foregoing (whether related or not), are not eligible to enter or win.
- Giveaway Period. The Giveaway begins May 1, 2017 and ends May 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (the “Giveaway Period”).
- How to Enter. To enter the Giveaway, Entrants must simply renew their membership with ASCD. All early renewals are included; Institutional and Site renewals are excluded.
- Eligibility, Limitations. Entries that are incomplete or non-compliant with these Official Rules will be void. Responsibility for receipt of each entry rests solely with the Entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information or for lost, delayed, misdirected or mutilated entries. Information contained in Entrant’s entry form and Sponsor’s records is subject to verification by Sponsor, in such frequency and manner as Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate. Entries that are incomplete, forged or otherwise defective or made outside authorized channels, including those that have failed due to human processing error or otherwise, shall be void. Entrants who disregard these Official Rules or abuse, threaten or harass Sponsor, its Administrators, or any of its representatives in connection with this Giveaway, may be declared ineligible and have their access to this or other Sponsor giveaways blocked. Neither Sponsor nor its Administrators will accept correspondence or telephone inquiries regarding the status of entries or the administration of the Giveaway.
- Conditions of Entry. All participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, whose decisions in all aspects of this Promotion shall be final and binding. By participating in this Promotion, all participants agree to the terms of the foregoing. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict an individual from participating in the Promotion if Sponsor deems or suspects that such person has engaged in any unsportsmanlike, inappropriate, uncooperative, disruptive, fraudulent, potentially fraudulent, or unusual behavior or activity or any activity deemed in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to be in violation of these Official Rules or generally inconsistent with the intended operation of the Promotion.
- One winner every Friday during the Giveaway Period will be chosen to each receive the Giveaway. At the end of the month, there will be a random drawing from a list of all members who renewed in May (Entrants) and one lucky winner will be chosen to receive a $100 voucher to be used at the ASCD store. Sponsor will mail the prizes via US Mail standard service to the address provided by the winner. Winner acknowledges that neither Sponsor nor its Administrators has made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes described herein including, without limitation, its quality, merchantability or fitness for use. All warranties are hereby disclaimed by Sponsor, and each winner will accept their prize “as is.” No cash substitutions for prizes. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes (including, without limitation, any applicable income tax), and any other costs incurred in claiming or using their prize. Prizes cannot be assigned or transferred to a third party or exchanged or redeemed for cash, except as stated herein or as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- All Prize winners will be randomly selected every Friday of the Giveaway Period, May 1-31, 2017, from among all entries received. Online renewal members will be contacted privately by ASCD with instructions on redemption of prize. All Entrants (mail and online) must supply a valid email address and must respond to their email notice of winning within 72 hours of receipt of said notice to claim their prize.
- Potential winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release that must be notarized and returned to Sponsor within 14 days of receipt of notification or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. For purpose of these Official Rules, all Entrants will be deemed to be in receipt of any Sponsor request or notification on the day that the email was sent by Sponsor. If the potential winner is 18 or older, but a minor in his or her state of residence, the prize may be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian, and if applicable, the potential winner’s parent or legal guardian hereby agree to these Official Rules, consent to the award of the prize and agrees to sign all required affidavits, consents and releases on behalf of minor winner. To learn the winners’ identities (available after May 31, 2017), send a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope to: Winners’ List, ASCD May4Members, 1703 N. Beauregard Street, Alexandria, VA 22311. All requests for the winners’ identities must be received by May 31, 2017.
- Publicity, Use of Personal Information. Winners hereby grant permission to Sponsor and its Administrators to use their name, age, city, state of residence and Instagram handle, voice, picture or other likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation (except where otherwise provided by law), and without prior notification or approval, in any medium, now or hereinafter created, throughout the world in perpetuity.
- Release, Limitation of Liability. By entering this Giveaway, Entrants, on behalf of themselves, their executors, heirs and assigns hereby release Sponsor and its Administrators from any and all liability, damages or losses to person or property, injuries, claims or causes of actions of any kind whatsoever (however named or described) which may be sustained by any person or entity in connection with the Giveaway, an entry, the receipt, enjoyment, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or sustained by a winner while preparing for, participating in or traveling to and / or from any prize-related activity in connection with, the Giveaway or otherwise. Sponsor and its Administrators assume no responsibility or liability for unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Giveaway including, without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms or destruction of any aspect of the Giveaway, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an entry in the Giveaway. Winners bear all risk of loss or damage to prizes after delivery and acceptance. Under no circumstances will Sponsor and its Administrators be liable for punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages.
- Giveaway Cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and / or terminate this Giveaway in whole or part, or to substitute this Giveaway with another in its place at any time for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation, in the event that the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned or as intended by these Official Rules due to causes beyond the Sponsor’s control which corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Giveaway. Notice of any such action shall be posted on Sponsor’s website.
- Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The number of entries received will determine odds of winning. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard to Virginia choice of law rules.