Here are some recent items from ASCD:
- Change comes to everyone. The question is, when it comes, will you walk through the back door – or the front door? Sandi Massey, a new EDge blogger, asks.
- ASCD has added eleven additional Common Core Institutes this fall to help educators ease into the new standards. Cities such as Denver, New York, Charlotte, and more will be holding institutes.
- After visiting the Holocaust museum, Jason Flom says “tolerance, compassion, and the steadfast cultivation of moral courage must be the common core of our learning communities.”
- Make sure to join Hedi Hayes Jacobs on September 25 for a webinar to discuss teacher evaluations and the controversy engulfing the topic.
- Ryan Thomas shares a guide featuring 50 apps that educators can use to their advantage.
- Kevin Scott talks about Back-to-School Night, which, much to his dismay hasn’t changed in the time he’s been going. It’s the same talk of homework policy and grading structures that could be saved for an email. Make it more compelling, he says.
- ASCD’s 2013 Annual Conference, held in Chicago on March16-18, is now open for registration. Make sure you can join ASCD and hear from a diverse and respected line-up of presenter.
Add your own highlights in the comments, and check this spot for our regular weekly digest of ASCD activities.