Here’s the latest news from ASCD:
- Some new online professional development courses are being offered on mathematics and literacy.
- ASCD’s Molly McClusky writes about the “engaged” tenet of Whole Child education.
- The latest issue of Capitol Connection features an article on focuses on Secretary of Education Arne Duncan’s recent interview with Jon Stewart on The Daily Show. During the interview, Duncan discussed Race to the Top, NCLB, and the Common Core State Standards.
- The March Educational Leadership and this week’s ASCD Express both focus on reading as a core skill and cornerstone in education.
- Read about how to get students engaged in learning in the latest Whole Child newsletter.
- Education Update examines how moving from research to practice to help close the achievement gap.
Add your own highlights in the comments, and check this spot for our regular weekly digest of ASCD activities.