What’s been happening at ASCD? Here’s a list of highlights from the organization:
- Designed for use in schools and school systems around the world—and ideal for schools developing and refining strategic plans—the ASCD School Improvement Tool offers educators a comprehensive needs assessment.
- Mike Fisher says, “We know there are good ways to design and implement curriculum but sometimes we don’t make the best choices in favor of what is comfortable or easy, i.e. worksheets, lectures, memorization, decades-old novels that only the adults value.” Mike says go that extra mile and it will be worth it.
- Check out the Whole Child Podcast archive.
- The newest issue of ASCD Express explains why teaching civics is a vital component of education.
- Ryan Thomas shares his top 5 iPhone/iPad teacher apps.
- With the new school year, many educators are setting goals. Here are four rules for setting high-quality goals.
- It’s Connected Educator Month, and you’re seeing a lot of educators, gathering on panels, discussing and debating, and making new connections. The problem with this is that the vast majority of educators who are most on board with Connected Educator Month are already connected educators. What about those who aren’t?
Add your own highlights in the comments, and check this spot for our regular weekly digest of ASCD activities.