Here’s the latest from ASCD:
- If you use walk-throughs, Robyn Jackson says to try micro-slicing — using short 5-7 minute observations of instruction— as a way to help you get to the root of a teacher’s practice, deepen your own leadership, and provide more targeted and useful support.
- Nominate an educator for our Outstanding Young Educator Award (OYEA) program. ASCD is accepting nominations through August 1.
- Learn how to mold strong readers in the online-only Educational Leadership.
- Ryan Thomas synthesizes the research from the ASCD book Turning High-Poverty Schools Into High-Performing Schools and re-states Parrett and Budge’s simple action steps to increase student achievement.
- Make sure to check out this July 17 webinar on helping students understand learning.
- A new coalition led by ASCD, and dozens of education organizations nationwide, promotes college, career, and citizenship readiness.
Add your own highlights in the comments, and check this spot for our regular weekly digest of ASCD activities.