Read about what’s been happening at ASCD:
- There are numerous science fiction books that appeal to girls that teachers can use to encourage them to try the genre. Ryan Thomas gives several examples including A Wrinkle in Time and The Girls from Alcyone.
- Join ASCD on Pinterest to gather inspiration for your school and classroom.
- While parents offer guidance for students throughout their lives, how can school systems do the same? Read the newest issue of ASCD Express to find out how educators are helping define student lives.
- How can K–12 schools and universities collaborate to more effectively prepare teachers? What challenges did you face as a new teacher? What could have prepared you more fully? One educator provides some insights from recent research on those questions.
- A teacher makes the case for using comics in the classroom, particularly for reluctant writers.
- Sign up for a free webinar featuring Howard Pitler discussing using technology effectively in schools.
Add your own highlights in the comments, and check this spot for our regular weekly digest of ASCD activities.