Here are the latest updates from ASCD:
- ASCD’s Whole Child Programs Director Molly McCloskey describes the often dysfunctional experience that is back-to-school night and explains what the education community can do to make it better.
- If students treat assignments as bureaucratic exercises, what is the likelihood that they will have an impact on achievement?
- Steven Weber references the ASCD book published more than a decade ago called Toward a Coherent Curriculum, a book he recommends for curriculum developers even today.
- Mike Fisher interviews a social studies teacher about integrating the literacy standards for writing and reading from the Common Core into his professional practice.
- The webinar archive for “Creating Authentic Assessments with Allison Zmuda” is now available.
- Eric Sheninger, our 2011 Conference Scholar, discusses DESIRE – Development, Energy, Solutions, Innovation, Resolve, and Environment — when leading and teaching.
Add your own highlights in the comments, and check this spot for our regular weekly digest of ASCDactivities.