Here are some recent highlights from ASCD:
- Help ASCD get to 10,000 “likes” on Facebook and you could win a free trip to Annual Conference.
- Want parents as partners in education? Check out the February Education Update newsletter.
- Steven Weber wonders whether educators understand the purpose and goals for their schools.
- How do you teach “screenagers?” The newest issue of ASCD Express looks at how modern students learn.
- The recent unrest and protests in Egypt offers a teachable moment for educators to engage students.
- ASCD author Yong Zhao was recently highlighted in the Washington Post for his thoughts on President Obama’s education policies.
- Erik Palmer argues the importance of teaching communication skills.
- Outstanding Young Educator Brian Nichols thinks the term “at-risk” should be eliminated and replaced with “school-dependent.”
- Author Mike Schmoker’s author page features interviews, reading material, and much more.
Add your own highlights in the comments, and check this spot for our regular weekly digest of ASCD activities.