Want to know what’s been happening at ASCD? Here’s a quick summary:
- ASCD Express examines the issue of keeping students literate in the digital age.
- Walter McKenzie makes the case for a Whole Child approach to education and the importance of connecting school and community.
- Successful partnerships between students’ families and schools are all around us, and the benefits for learners are tremendous.
- It’s important to show educators the resources available on Twitter first, rather than how it works in order to get newbies interested in it, says Steven Anderson.
- In part 4 of the seven-part series, Craig Mertler says we should not just “think” outside the box, we should “live” it too.
- How are educators learning from one another? Find out in the October Educational Leadership on coaching.
- Learn teaching tips from Robyn Jackson in her series of archived webinars.
- Central Michigan University is adding ASCD content to a new teacher leadership program.
- Steven Anderson asks people what they wish they had known before they started with Twitter – for example, how finding out about the use of #hashtags changed people’s perspective on the service.
Add your own highlights in the comments, and check this spot for our regular weekly digest of ASCDactivities.