One of the topics we hear educators talking, tweeting, and blogging most about is the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). We’ve released books, newsletters, online courses, an adoption map, the EduCore™ online tool, and more to help educators understand what the standards mean for their teaching practice and ultimately, their students. Sometimes, though, it helps to take a step back from all of that reading and step into a setting where you can learn hands-on about how to implement the new standards. That’s where ASCD’s institute series can help.
ASCD has a lineup of Common Core Institutes around the country that we’re inviting you to attend. The one-day institutes that focus on English language arts or mathematics standards are a good fit for educators of any level, while our two-day institutes can help superintendents, principals, and other administrators learn how to support colleagues and monitor progress of the new standards implementation.
Take a look at the upcoming institutes below to see if one is coming to a town near you. Stay tuned for more dates and locations!
Implementing the Common Core State Standards in Your Class, School, or District: English Language Arts
- December 3, 2012, Tampa, Fla.
- December 4, 2012, Orlando, Fla.
- December 6, 2012, Little Rock, Ark.
- January 23, 2013, Hilton Head, S.C.
- January 24, 2013, Charlotte, N.C.
- February 4, 2013, San Diego, Calif.
- February 6, 2013, Fresno, Calif.
- February 7, 2013, San Jose, Calif.
Implementing the Common Core State Standards in Your Class, School, or District: Mathematics
- November 7–8, 2012, Myrtle Beach, S.C. (Note: this is a two-day institute)
- December 4, 2012, Tampa, Fla.
- December 5, 2012, Orlando, Fla.
- December 7, 2012, Little Rock, Ark.
- January 24, 2013, Hilton Head, S.C.
- January 25, 2013, Charlotte, N.C.
- February 5, 2013, San Diego, Calif.
- February 7, 2013, Fresno, Calif.
- February 8, 2013, San Jose, Calif.
Leading the Change to Common Core State Standards: Essential Tools for School and District Leaders