Habits of Mind Time Capsule Submissions Are Now Open!
What will the world be like in the year 2043? It’s time to create, imagine, and innovate! The Institute for Habits of Mind is calling for your submissions to the Habits of Mind Time Capsule. This Time Capsule celebrates the 25th Anniversary of the Habits of Mind and will be presented at ASCD’s Empower 18 Conference, before it’s closed for another 25 years!
Feel free to use this form as your submission or use it to help prompt your students’ creativity! Have your students as a class, in a group, or individually create something meaningful to celebrate the future of the Habits of Mind. Their submissions could be a short story, a drawing, a poem, or even a video on a flash drive. And educators, we want to hear from you too! Let future educators and students know how you think the habits will shape the future and how you have seen them shape the present.
Here are some additional prompts to get your students started:
- What would you like the students your age to know about the Habits of Mind when they open the time capsule 25 years from now?
- What would you like the students your age to know about how you are using the Habits of Mind when they open the time capsule 25 years from now?
- What have you learned about the Habits of Mind that you think someone in the future needs to know?
- Which of the Habits do you like best? Why?
- Which Habits of Mind are most difficult for you? Why?
- Which Habits of Mind do you think are the most helpful in making the world a more thought-full place?
- Tell a story about how you used a habit.
- What advice would you give to the students of 2043?
- How might you show the children of 2043 what the habits mean to you?
Please send in your submissions to:
ATTN: Habits of Mind Time Capsule
16530 Ventura Blvd. Suite 600
Encino, CA 91436
Digital submissions can be emailed to:
Submissions are open now until February 28th 2018.