NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Entry into this Giveaway constitutes Entrant’s acceptance of the following Official Rules:
- Giveaway. ASCD’s sponsored Educational Leadership Giveaway for which two winners will each receive a $50 VISA gift card from ASCD.
- Sponsor. This Giveaway is sponsored by Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development d/b/a ASCD, 1703 N. Beauregard Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22311 (“Sponsor”). This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
- Eligibility. Open to all individuals who legally reside within the 50 United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada (except the Province of Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry (“Entrant”). Employees, officers, directors, contractors and agents of Sponsor, its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, and the advertising and promotion agencies of each (“Sponsor and its Administrators”) who are involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution, and fulfillment of the Giveaway, and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, or spouse) and anyone living in the same household of any of the foregoing (whether related or not), are not eligible to enter or win.
- Giveaway Period. The Giveaway begins October 29, 2018, and ends November 2, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (the “Giveaway Period”).
For Twitter (if applicable): An Entrant must logon to his/her Twitter account, follow @ELMagazine (if he/she/they does not already), and compose a new Tweet that includes a link to an Educational Leadership Magazine article, and the hashtag “#ELMag10k” to receive one (1) entry (“Twitter Entry”). An Entrant must follow @ELMagazine and have a non-private Twitter account to enter the Contest and maintain such non-private account for at least sixty (60) days after the Contest Period ends to be eligible to be named a potential Qualifier, Finalist, or the potential Grand Prize winner and to claim a prize. Due to the way Twitter operates its service, Sponsor may not receive Twitter Entries from Twitter users with “protected” updates (i.e., an Entrant has set his/her account so that only people the Entrant has approved can view his/her updates).
Note: If an Entrant accesses Twitter on his/her mobile device to enter this Giveaway, the Entrant’s wireless service provider may charge the Entrant for applicable data charges. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans. Message and data rates may apply. Entrants should review their mobile device’s capabilities for specific mobile application instructions.
- Conditions of Entry. By entering this Giveaway, each entry:
- Must be in English;
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights (whether living or deceased), including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity, copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- Must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Giveaway;
- Must not include any personally identifiable information of any person, such as full name, address or phone number;
- Must not in any way contain any logos, brand names or trademarks other than Sponsor’s, for which entrant has a limited license to use solely for the purpose of participating in this giveaway
- Must not have been submitted previously in a promotion or giveaway of any kind;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that is fraudulent, inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that contains prohibited content which shall include, but is not limited to content that promotes, suggests, or encourages:
- gambling, including without limitation, any content related to online casinos, sports books, bingo or poker;
- the use of firearms/weapons/ammunition, any illegal drugs, prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, violence, or the use of alcohol or tobacco products;
- the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity or otherwise challenges or seek to overthrow any government;
- Must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, or age; and
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Entry is created.
NOTE: If any Entry fails to comply with any of these Entry Guidelines and Requirements or any other provisions of these Rules, Sponsor/Administrator reserve the right to disqualify the Entrant and the Entry will not be eligible to win.
- Prize. The winners will each receive ONE (1) VISA gift card, provided by the Educational Leadership Magazine team. Sponsor will notify the winner by email. Winner acknowledges that neither Sponsor nor its Administrators has made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fac,t or in law, relative to the prize described herein including, without limitation, its quality, merchantability or fitness for use. All warranties are hereby disclaimed by Sponsor, and the winner will accept the prize “as is.”No cash substitutions for the prize. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes (including, without limitation, any applicable income tax), and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the prize. Prize cannot be assigned or transferred to a third party or exchanged or redeemed for cash, except as stated herein or as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- Winner. Winner will be randomly selected November 5, 2018, from among all entries received. All Entrants (mail and online) must supply a valid email address and must respond to an email notice of winning within 48 hours of receipt of said notice to claim the prize. Potential winner may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release that must be notarized and returned to Sponsor within 14 days of receipt of notification or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. For purpose of these Official Rules, all Entrants will be deemed to be in receipt of any Sponsor request or notification on the day that the email was sent by Sponsor. If the potential winner is 18 or older, but a minor in his or her state of residence, the prize may be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian, and if applicable, the potential winner’s parent or legal guardian hereby agrees to these Official Rules, consent to the award of the prize and agrees to sign all required affidavits, consents, and releases on behalf of minor winner. To learn the winner’s identity (available after November 1, 2018), send a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope to: ASCD WINNER Principal Month Giveaway, ASCD, 1703 N. Beauregard Street, Alexandria, VA 22311. All requests for the winner’s identity must be received by November 10, 2018.
- Publicity, Use of Personal Information. Winner hereby grants permission to Sponsor and its Administrators to use their name, age, city, state of residence, Instagram handle, voice, picture or other likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation (except where otherwise provided by law), and without prior notification or approval, in any medium, now or hereinafter created, throughout the world in perpetuity.
- Release, Limitation of Liability. By entering this Giveaway, Entrants, on behalf of themselves, their executors, heirs and assigns, hereby release Sponsor and its Administrators from any and all liability, damages, or losses to person or property, injuries, claims, or causes of actions of any kind whatsoever (however named or described) which may be sustained by any person or entity in connection with the Giveaway, an entry, the receipt, enjoyment, ownership, or use of any prize awarded, or sustained by the winner while preparing for, participating in, or traveling to and / or from any prize-related activity in connection with, the Giveaway or otherwise. Sponsor and its Administrators assume no responsibility or liability for unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Giveaway including, without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms, or destruction of any aspect of the Giveaway, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility, or unavailability of an entry in the Giveaway. Winner bears all risk of loss or damage to the prize after delivery and acceptance. Under no circumstances will Sponsor and its Administrators be liable for punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages.
- Giveaway Cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend, and / or terminate this Giveaway, in whole or part, or to substitute this Giveaway with another in its place at any time for any reason whatsoever including, without limitation, in the event that the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned or as intended by these Official Rules due to causes beyond the Sponsor’s control which corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Giveaway. Notice of any such action shall be posted on Sponsor’s website.
- Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Sponsor in connection with this Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard to Virginia choice of law rules.