ASCD Celebrates Teachers: Special Promotions on ASCD Arias Publications and ASCD Membership
At ASCD, we admire teachers who continuously work to ensure our children reach their full potentials in the classroom. We understand it’s not an easy job; that’s why it’s important for us to show our appreciation for their hard work and dedication to teaching.
During Teacher Appreciation Week, ASCD is offering special promotions on ASCD Arias™ publications and ASCD membership, available only from May 4 through May 8. These are the perfect gifts to give to teachers who are looking to further their professional learning and grow as leaders in education.
- ASCD Arias publications—From May 4 through May 8, ASCD will offer a 40 percent discount on all ASCD Arias titles. Available in print and e-book formats, these short-form publications offer the expertise of education thought leaders, experienced practitioners, and researchers. To receive the 40 percent discount, use promo code ARIAS40.
- ASCD membership—From May 4 through May 8, ASCD is offering a 50 percent discount on all individual ASCD membership categories for new members. ASCD membership offers instant access to a community of dedicated educators and award-winning professional development resources, including books, newsletters, and Educational Leadership® Each membership category comes in either the print and online format or the online-only format. To receive the 50 percent discount, use promo code A76-AZE4-ABBG.
Teachers can also take advantage of some of ASCD’s free professional resources:
- ASCD Sourcebook—ASCD recently released a free catalog for educators looking for tools that help address questions about who, what, and how to teach and lead. The sourcebook features infographics as well as stories from authors, feedback from educators, and strategies that can immediately be put into practice.
- Educational Leadership (EL) magazine—In June, Educational Leadership magazine will release its free summer digital-only issue, “Improving Schools from Within.” Follow ASCD’s social media channels for information about the upcoming issue. To get a glimpse of this special edition of EL, educators can read the 2014 summer issue, “Making a Difference,” and be inspired by personal stories from educators who are changing the lives of their students and building meaningful relationships.
- Webinars—ASCD’s webinars provide free, ongoing learning for educators by bringing in experts to talk about timely topics, such as the Common Core State Standards, 21st century learning strategies, and closing the achievement gap. Each webinar is archived, so teachers never have to miss a topic and can access the large catalog of past webinars at their convenience.
- Book study guides and sample chapters—ASCD offers free study guides and sample chapters for most of its professional development publications. Additionally, the ASCD iPad app enables easy reading of ASCD e-books and lets users explore free electronic versions of member benefits like Educational Leadership, Education Update, and Policy Priorities.
Click here to learn more about ASCD’s resources for teachers.