Your flight to Los Angeles is booked, your hotel room reserved, and you’ve already prepared sub plans for the days you will be taking leave. You’re headed to #ASCD14 and we’re so happy to see you there! We’ve put together this information especially for you, the first timer.
The more you prepare and put thought into your Annual Conference experience, the greater your experience will be. Come prepared to learn, engage and network with your colleagues in education. We are excited to welcome you to #ASCD14!
Here are some helpful tips to enhance your FIRST Annual Conference experience:
Prior to arriving:
1. Start planning your conference experience by visiting our conference planner, Map Your Show. Add the sessions you want to see and start building your Exhibit Show experience.
3. Download the conference app.
4. Continue to check the conference website and check your e-mail for announcements and information to get you ready for conference.
5. Check out ASCD’s #ASCD14 pin board on Pinterest for a great list of things to see and do.
1. Attend a special First Timers’ session designed just for you.
Friday, March 15, 4:00–5:00 p.m., Los Angeles Convention Center
Saturday, March 16, 8:00–9:30 a.m., Los Angeles Convention Center
2. Pick up a copy of Conference Daily every morning to learn the latest information about conference.
3. Be open to meeting new people. Connect with session speakers and fellow attendees during the sessions you attend. Make sure to exchange contact info!
4. Be flexible about which sessions you attend. Popular sessions will fill up fast. Arrive early to increase your opportunity to get a seat.
5. Be sure to fill out session evaluations. This lets us know which subjects and presenter we need to bring to future conferences and events.
7. Follow along the #ASCD14InstaWalk on Instagram for behind-the-scenes peeks at conference.
8. Stop by Trader Vic’s Saturday night for the #ASCD14 Tiki Tweet Up party, complete with complimentary appetizers and a step and repeat photo booth.
1. Follow up with fellow attendees and presenters.
2. Check ASCD’s blog, Inservice, for conference recaps.
3. Look back on pictures of conference on Instagram by searching #ASCD14 and #ASCD14InstaWalk
4. View live-streamed sessions that you missed.
5. Fill out the overall conference evaluation. Your feedback is important. And complete the Three Quick Questions evaluation for each individual concurrent session you attend.
We look forward to seeing you in Los Angeles!