How Green Was (Is) Your Classroom?
A New York Times blog post on 10 classroom ideas for recognizing Earth Day was last week’s most popular ASCD SmartBrief story. Here’s a quick tour of how some edubloggers embraced the green theme:
- Web 2.0 Classroom got us ready for Earth Day with a tour of Google Earth layers.
- Some classrooms used Earth Day, in particular, to practice going paperless. (TeachPaperless)
- We bet more than a few of you took advantage of the Eyjafjallajökull eruption to teach about volcanos. (Core Knowlege)
- Larry Ferlazzo helped us calculate our carbon footprint.
- Earth Day’s not just about what happens in the classroom; the lunchroom matters, too. What would happen if schools embraced Meatless Monday? (Fed Up with Lunch: The School Lunch Project)
- Bill Ferriter created this Drop.io resource for his students on the advantages and disadvantages of different alternative energy sources. (@plugusin)
Do you teach green throughout the year? What’d you do to mark this day?