5 Reasons You Can’t Miss The Whole Child Symposium on Confronting Inequity
While there are a multitude of reasons to come to any ASCD event, here are the five reasons you can’t miss ASCD’s Whole Child Symposium on Confronting Inequity.
- Inequity in education is real, and it negatively impacts all our students. We have to have conversations about inequity in order to create more opportunities for equity in our schools and communities.
- Hear from tried and true expert practitioners who have invaluable insight based on their experiences in diverse regions of the country and addressing various issues of inequity. Our panelist expertise spans issues of race, socioeconomics, gender identity, and immigration status.
- Network with interesting colleagues who care as much about kids as you do. Attendees include classroom teachers,administrators, university staff, preservice teachers, and representatives from organizations that work with young people. While the panelists always bring exceptional perspective, the attendees themselves have a lot of insight to share!
- Come up with some engaging conversation-starters for your colleagues and staff. See point #1. This is a conversation that is moving forward, so let’s all get on board and work out our issues together.
- Learn what this ASCD Whole Child approach is all about. How can we apply this conversation to the larger issue of ensuring that each child, in each school, in each community is healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged?
Join us on May 10, 2017 in Washington, D.C. at this symposium and help drive forward this important conversation. The event will be free and space is limited, so RSVP as soon as possible.
If you are unable to attend this event in person but still would like to participate, log in to www.ascd.org/wcsymposium at 6:00 p.m. eastern on May 10th to view the live-streamed event. Contact ASCD’s Whole Child team for more information or to talk about how you might use this video to start a conversation in your school.
See you on May 10th!